I have a feeling this week is going to be a slow week for “Cloverfield News” aside from possibly a new picture on the website on friday. But malemuyon over at the unfiction forums did a little sleuthing over the weekend and came across a few interesting things regarding trademarks for a possible title (although I doubt it). Check it out.

“I recently stumbled upon trademark #77232885, “Overnight.” It was registered to Group One Productions, LLC, and Jackoway Tyerman Wertheimer on July 18, 2007, and described as “motion picture, television and music production and distribution services.”

The Attorney of Record for the trademark is Lori N. Boatright. She is also the Attorney of Record for “SLUSHO!,” “SLUSHO! YOU CAN’T DRINK JUST SIX,” and “BAD ROBOT”, trademarks 77229623, 77229614, and 76340985, respectively.

I googled for “GROUP ONE PRODUCTIONS, LLC,” yielding nothing. The LLC, however, is registered in the State of Delaware, formed on 11-08-2006, with its registered agent being ERESIDENTAGENT, INC (search). It’s just a resident agent service. Considering there’s no real information on the company, I think it’s just a hollow LLC, perhaps formed to conceal the real parties involved. They only own one trademark, “overnight.”

I then googled for “Jackoway Tyerman Wertheimer.” Jim Jackoway is an attorney, known to represent J.J. Abrams and happens to be the registrant for BadRobot.com. (whois search)

What are the odds that a lawyer (Jackoway) who represents Abrams would register a trademark using the attorney of record who registered Slusho (Boatright)?
Further googling shows no previous connection between Boatright and Jackoway.

Is “Overnight” really the title of the film?

As the trailer so eloquently stated, “this is going to be the best night ever…” “

Head on over to the unfiction forums, they have tons of information and good conversations regarding the movie.

1. Joe

A title that can work on several levels.

– The events happen overnight.

– It is the night that “it” ends… ‘it’ being lives… civilization as we know it… humanity… the consecutive days that the Liberty statue had a head… et cetera. On that night, it’s over.

Also, if I apply a number to every letter in OVERNIGHT (O being 15 and so on) and then write down the average of the total of letters in the name and then view it in a mirror, it says th…. um… sorry… there I go again. Zoom!

I agree with you completely “The Rabbit” it’s just going to be a slow news week so I figured I’d give people something to talk about.

3. Pete

Heres a little thing you can do.
    If you see the word Overnight and then the phrase “this is going to be the best night ever”. you can spell overnight with these letters and alot of other stuff. Maybe its a anagram with a hidden message. Cause ive been doing that with “you can’t just drink six” and ive been getting some wild stuff. Check it out.

4. Danny

i wouldn’t mind if it was “overnight” but i like “colossus” more
    i remember when the “wii ” came out everyone was laughing their asses off…saying “who would buy a system named the Wii.”
    so all i really care about is the movie itself

5. Debunkity bunkity

This has been pretty much debunked on the Unfiction forums. Quote:

1) Movie names are not trademarked, and there is no legal precedent for trademarking a movie name.
    2) Movies are not production or distribution services.
    3) Movies are not services of any kind, they are products. ”

So much for Overnight. Now let’s start looking for anagrams in our breakfast cereal. Mine says “ooooooooo”.

6. parker

?Overnight? is possible, but would be a cruel name for the movie. I think that of the movie could be somethin like “Monster”, “it”, “Kreatur” ….

7. Evan

i’ve found quite alot of new hints and secret stuffs regarding this movies

i already e-mailed IGN.com about it, if they read it hopefully they will put it up soon on their websites

i’d like to share it with you guys here but there are alot of information, and i dun want to ruin the fun for you guys

here is a hint, play the “flavor” game on slusho site, and think about it for a hint that can lead u to another site

admin feel free to e-mail me , and i will tell you all that i know

8. malemunyon

The Slusho swf files have been decompiled and nothing was found.

9. David

I like “Overnight” as a possible title. It goes with the whole secrecy that surrounding the project at the minute, in that it doesn’t actually tell you about the movie, except that it could take place “overnight”.

I prefer it more than something direct and uninspired like “Colossus”.

10. Kathy

I like Overnight fine. I’ll get used to whatever it is.
    Evan, tell me you’re not talking about slushozoom.com.