That’s right, there is finally a new picture on http://www.1-18-08.com and it is an asian chef of sorts. Thanks to everyone who left comments regarding this. When you flip it over there is a recipe in japanese, which has been translated below (thanks Colby).

?ody, thank you for viewing! I?ll introduce this week?s delicious recipe. Please make sure to keep this one cold!

*Skinless chicken breast – 2, cut in halves
*Soumen (a kind of japanese noodle) – 10 oz.
*Watercress – 1/2 cup cut into small strips
*Turnip – 1/2 cup, thinly sliced
*Shiitake (japanese mushrooms) – 1/2 cup
*Chicken stock – 1/3 cup
*Sake (japanese rice wine) – 2 tbsp.
*Sugar – 1/2 tsp.
*Deep Sean Nectar- one pinch

In a small saucepan, stir together 1/3 cup water, chicken stock, sake, and sugar. Chill it until it becomes cold. Grill the chicken breast on both sides for about 8 minutes, and then chill. Boil the noodles for about 3 minutes, and then run under cold water until chilled. Mix the watercress, turnips, and mushrooms into the soumen. Slice the chicken thinly and arrange on top of the soumen mix. Just before you serve, put the crab in the sauce and pour over the noodles generously.

Go go Oishii (?delicious?) Chef!?

1. moomoo

Hmm, it switches from casual speak at the beginning to polite language. I wonder if this is on purpose or not? It’s definitely not a page form a Japanese cook book, as it’s using American measurements. (Finally, being a Japanese major is worth something!)

2. Hanzo

I have noticed that the picture of the happy Asian cook does not have a date or time on the bottom like the rest of the pictures do. Does this tell us anything?

3. GenghisK

Okay, I don’t get it…This seems to be getting stranger as the weeks go by. Why do they want us to see a photo of this Asian Chef??? I see no mention of Slusho in the recipe either, but that is just prolly my obsession for the Slusho-Mystery thing. I am not exactly confused or anything, but I wonder what this has to do w/ the movie…

4. GenghisK

^^^Okay…Sorry to be adding another comment right away…but I noticed one of the ingredients…*Ocean-bottom crab – one…there is a lot of speculation surrounding the Slusho or the monster & it is somehow connected to the ocean…you think this crab ingredient might have anything to do w/ it? Or maybe I am just desperate for any kind of clue I might see…lol

5. Tom Simmons

Its interesting that there’s a crab holding the back forward signs on the history section of slusho.jp. it moves when you click it, almost drawing your attention to it…

6. Edo

This recipe mentions to serve everything cold, isn’t Slusho a drink to be served cold as well? I wonder if the monster is a large crab-type creature…just a thought.

7. Billie Be

3912 has its own website – 3912.jp

it is Japanese language on the site, luckly google traslates and youc an check out the translated version here:

It has nothing to do with cooking, it is actually for the Izumi Sano city Hineno bank dermatology clinic.

Take it for what its worth…

8. Colt

the ocean bottom crab is connected to slusho cause the crab on slusho is a ocean bottom crab

9. jOHN

I think there’s something we should be focusing on the way it’s prepared. The chef seems to stress the point that this needs to be served COLD! which may have some connection to slusho, as it’s supposed to be a cold drink. I don’t know maybe I’m grasping at straws.

10. NoBSRef

I think someone found a new site…it definitely looks related to me!
    Check out http://www.tagruato.jp ….I read most of the stuff on there, and the style and content have convinced me it’s real, for what that’s worth 🙂

11. Jimmydean

Well I think there is some connection with the whole slusho thing here. Both Slusho and this recipe have special ingredients only found on the bottom of the ocean, and they are both Japaneese. I think that Rob owns a company that has found something very special on the bottom of the ocean. I don’t think its ocean crab, because people have been fishing crab for many years now, and i don’t think it’s something you would put into a slusho drink either. I think these are just metaphores for the bigger picture. Rob owns a company he finds something on the bottom of the ocean, possibly a mineral, or something in large quantities that would be very valuable. Hes going to Japan because for some reason some company in Japan wants to do business with him for this product. The monster in the movie is attracted to whatever this product is, if you keep it cold, which seems to be the theme here, (slusho kept ice cold, the recipe kept cold). you’ll be okay and the monster wont be attracted to it, but if it gets warm say above the temperature of the ocean floor, like room temperature, the monster would be attracted to it, and come looking for you and this product.

12. GenghisK

check this site out!!! one of my friends from myspace found it.
    it mentions Slusho!

“Tagruato is a collective of top scientists, engineers, and businessmen committed to leading our investors and the whole of mankind into the future.”

could be something, could be nothing…but it think it is too set up nicely for it to be a fake.

13. sc_kg

Hey Guys! i was reading other Cloverfield/1-18-08/Slusho/etc. forums and I found something interesting. It’s a link to website connected to Slusho- probably legit- so check it out- mayby there’s some new clue.

14. Morg

Hmmm, ocean-bottom crab. Never heard it put quite like this before. And, usually the crab meat is given in quantities in recipies, since crab sizes are so variable (i.e., 6 oz. lump crab meat, etc.).

Also, the fact that it’s just “put in the sauce” at the last minute makes me feel that it is a bogus ingredient, especially since the rest of the recipie seems to be legit, in terms of ingredients and quantities.

Wonder if J.J. is trying to be cute about these supposed crab/sea lice things that come off the monster.

I’m getting mighty tired of no new updates and all this conjecture.

Morg

15. Cas

Because the word chill is used much, it could possibly point to a clue to how you can kill w/e it is that is destroying everything. So maybe they have to freeze the thing. Just an idea.

16. chelsea

dont know if anyone else saw this but in the jamie teddy #5 video, the 2nd thing she pulls out says “freeze asap, dont eat this jamie” freeze? also in one of the pictures from http://www.01-18-08.com/ there is a picture of three people, the one on the far left looks like jamie.
    im thinkin that as jimmydean said earlier, the item found at the bottem of the ocean needs to be kept frozen, and if you have this frozen item, the monster will leave you alone.