Looks like Rob has begun the job search and we all know how that ends. Take a look at the blog entry he recently posted on his MySpace, visit the blog to see the comments left by his friends.

Rob’s MySpace Blog

“Monday, December 17, 2007

I?m done

It’s time for a change. I’m officially launching into a full-blown job hunt. I’ve been putting the feelers out for the past few weeks, but now it has become abundantly clear to me that I need to move on and try something else. I’ve put in a lot of time and effort only to be continuously misinterpreted or altogether unnoticed. I’m not opposed to leaving New York, if that’s what it takes. Don’t get me wrong — I love this city. But there are certain elements that I need to get away from before I lose my mind. I’m sick of being the overlooked guy. Sick of being pigeonholed as one thing, when if you would just give me a chance, I know I can be so much more.

You know how you can get totally absorbed with something, and because you are so focused on that one thing, you miss out on other opportunities? I now realize that’s what has been happening here. Or maybe I’ve known it all along and have been living in denial, clinging to that empty hope that things were going to get better. That certain things were meant to happen. Well, whether those things were meant to happen or not, they didn’t. Not for me, at least.

Sometimes, you need to give up”

1. jab

i think it has as much to do with beth leading him on, cancelling get togethers, going on weekend flings with god knows who, it’s just been wrecking his self esteem, time to move on.

2. -mikep

I have a noobie question. The plot summary says that 5 young NY’ers throw a going away party for their friend. That means the movie is about 6 people. But there are more characters that we know in the Cloverfield Universe, right? (Rob, Beth, Hud, Hawk, Jamie, Lily, Marlena) So who is not at the party/in the movie?

3. jab

i’m thinking it’s beth, he seems to be calling her from the party when the sh*t hits the fan. i bet she bails on the party, like she’s been bailing on him all along.

4. -mikep

As I look around, I am thinking that Jamie is the one not featured. There is a picture of Beth and Rob together on the official site. My guess is that Jamie leaves the party early, or gets killed/seperated from the others early on.

5. Jon

this is going to lead to him getting a job that requires him to go/move to japan. Which leads to the party, which is the beginning of the movie. We’re getting close.

6. Zinjak

I am almost positive that the one not actually at the party is jaimie, i think the full extent of her contribution to the story is just her website videos (which is important) and her myspace comments.

7. Mkid456

Well actually she is at the party sometime. I don’t know if she stays but remember the picture from 1-18-08.com it show’s her, Hud(I think), and Rob on the night of the party.

8. erica

ok i was walkin in NEW YORK CITY and i was on the corner of 52nd and 9th on the West Side, and on the ground written with chalk was “what is cloverfield? 1-18-08” in blue chalk. i dont want to souns like a big scaredy cat buut it kinda freaked me out a little. i just want to know if anybody can fill me in if this is like a publicity or promotion thing, i first became interstedin cloverfield when i saw it at I AM LEGEND which is also a very good movie i might add, i really want to know about cloverfield its like killin me inside to know how this monster look i also aggree with J.J Abrams about how america needs thier own monstor not king kong or godzillla. SO IF ANY1 CAN HELP ME PLZZ FEEL FREE 🙂

9. DK428

Erica your not the only one with this question, even though i have been keeping an eye on Cloverfield ever since it showed up before Transformers i also saw that chalk sign on one of the street corners where i live, and its not NY its San Francisco, Ca freaky huh? and it also was written in blue chalk…i guess its just people trying to let the word out on Cloverfield, all i have to say is that this viral marketing for this movie has been one heck of a ride! and it’ll all pay off on 1-18-08 and remember…”It’ll be the best night ever!”

10. erica

thanks for all the info DK428 crazy how its in sanfran
    i like the viral marketing for this 2, and MJ i know im late with it thats y im tryin to catch up, u dont have to be soo mean 😛 and im tryin to do my part in findin websites and stuff and soo far i like this 1 i also saw the first 5 minutes of the movie, i like the fact that he picked actors that were unknown i couldnt really see like idk johhny depp doing this, catch my drift ppl. sooo im just waitin to seeee what this monstor looks like , and i want to know is cloverfield the name of the monstor or idk what, and another quetion i have i saw another trailor where this lady was oddly pail with blood dripping from her mouth and these ppl were like “shes’ bit shes bit” and they were carrying her away sumwhere i think. if any1 could help it would be appreciated.