Here is the clip that ran during the real world last night entitled “Start Running”. As always, it is a clip from the actual movie, so if you don’t want to spoil anything at all, then don’t watch it. Personally I will not watch it since I’m seeing the movie at midnight tonight, I figure I’ve held off this long I can wait the rest of the day. So if you want to check it out, follow the link below.

1. weyland

So your going tonight to Admin…thats cool. I talked my fiance into going to the midnight showing here in NY…only a couple of hours. I wonder if the theaters are going to have the Slusho cups, like the ones from Hero’s? I heard a rumor that they were but I will find out tonight I guess..woo hoo!!!

2. Mat

I gave in and watched the clip. It didn’t ruin anything except for a pretty funny joke. Can not wait until tonight.

3. Hodge

I too am resisting but I have to resist until the 1st. Have fun tonight, hope it lives up to expectations.

4. TM Oliveira

Oh crap!!! The brazilian premiere was pushed back to february 8th! Thats not fair!

5. TK

For those of you who care, the rotten tomatoes reviews are in. They don’t reveal anything, they just tell you if critics liked it or not. It’s got 80% fresh from top critics till now.

6. H3B3R

its gonna be like if we’re in a time machine cause we’ll see what would be happening 24hours later, heehee. too bad there’s no showings tomorrow midnight

7. TK

The cloverfield comic might possible reveal the backstory of the monster. 3-4 issues might still be released.

8. weyland

I think thats how they are gonna approach the story. Rather than make another film, they can do what they have been doing to fill in the gaps.

9. TK

@Franky
    The ship is dragging what seems to be the monste or a giant squid.

There is a translation of the comic on cloverfield clues, and although some parts seem incoherent, the boy Kishin seems to want revenge on those who dissed his mother and then the picture pans to an illustration of eyes rising from underwater. It could quite possibly be the monster or its baby form…etc

So I inferred that because JJ didn’t provide any backstory yet in viral websites or the movie itself, he was going to do it via online comic.

10. FSC Garcia

How does everyone feel about the movie being only an hour and 24 minutes? Better that way? Not long enough? Any expectations?

FSC Garcia: I actually think the run-time is perfect, not too long, not too short. Hopefully it keeps the movie from dragging at points, like the blair witch did. Plus with this style of filming some people may start to get dizzy/annoyed or whatever if they have to sit there for too long.

12. ryan

On comic translation can we say ganu and his mom. What if ganus mom somehow succumned to a monster or baby monster and ganu was told story of nectar and it was monsters food so he set out to find the nectar and made it a life long quest to find this beast that supposedly offed his mom in her search. Maybe he has vowed revenge to do the same, that was atagruato warship in the comic pic and again the actual attack takes place on may 22nd. I wonder if station collapse and all that have been filmed separately to tie together clues on disc. Also maybe the painting of man in fishin boat with alll the blood is hint at the revenge ganu has chosen to seek on the person or thing responsible for his moms death. Also satellite used to track monster deep underwater from space and it was hurried cause it broke out of their protection maybe. Also maybe handcuffs means they had it but los it. Tido and teddy. Intrigued to hear what you all have to say about this theory. Just tryin to tie it all together with what looks like parallel story lines between comic and ganu

13. SteveMikes

Agree with admin.
    I’d like to add that the run-time is realistic, as a handheld camera wouldn’t last much longer anyway without charging it up or something, never mind when you have nowhere to charge it and your city’s getting annihilated haha.

14. kojirex20

i watched the attack of the show with the actors from the movie, and it was a complete waste of my life. Worst 10 minutes ever

15. Danny

Well I guess were not going to see anything new since it is only 9hrs and 19mins away from the midnight showing.

16. weyland

With 9hrs left, a lot can happen on the net in that time. I expect to see a build up and alot happening later tonight online.

17. Billy

I would have thought there would be a blitz of activity all day today. I’m a little dissapointed.

18. CommanderKeen

Sorry about double post. I know it’s hard to wait but February 8th is nothing. 🙂 I have to wait till February 29th. >:(

19. kimmy4lsu

if this clip sets the pace for the actual movie, OMG! i had to press the pause button real quick, i was getting too excited and scared…….yes, yes….only a few more hours to go!!!!!!

20. A.J.

It didn’t take Paramount very long to remove all the YouTube recordings from the movie off. There were clips of the whole bridge scene, the tunnel scenewith little monsters, and the ending with the monster. Cool stuff, can’t wait to see the whole thing.

21. TK

I’ve never seen a movie plot updated so fast on wikipedia, still I won’t ruin it for myself. Well at least not yet 😉

22. A.J.

Now that this thing has had broad screenings there is info, movie clips, and pictures of the monster everywhere.

A.J.: yep, stuff is all over now, but you wont find any pictures of the monster here, possibly in the spoiler section of the forum, but I haven’t ventured in there yet.

24. weyland

Man, they are all over now, some in the forum. This sucks for most people that want to be in the dark till tonight like myself…

25. A.J.

The spoiler section here isn’t too bad but in other forums it’s a mine field. I think most people will like this movie. Most folks are complaining about the shaky camera.

26. Vegetic

This sucks, i’m gonna have to be careful where i look til Feb 2nd when the UK gets it…now what will i do when i’m bored at work 🙁

27. ryan

Commander Keen thanks just trying to pice together the wierd happenings lately and trying to get inside JJ s head. I may be right may be wrong but I have read some earlier spoiler I think was almost right since then I’ve staid mostly here cause it free from vermin LOL. Have seen some pics of possible monster interesting but I have to admit and I think many here will its almost anti climatic to watch movie cause trying to figure out backstory clues and hints is da bomb, thanx to our fearless leader LOL.

28. laughing-cat

I think I know where the monster came from. I have a DVD frm the MASTERS OF HORROR series titled The Damned Thing. The story, to make it real short takes place in CLOVERFIELD, Texas. It revolves around oil drilling. In one of the Cloverfield teasers you’ll remember the oil driling platform. I believe the secret ingredient in SLUSHO was the bodily fluid coming from inadvertant drilling into the monsters body. From what is known, the monster is certainly big enough to have been siphoned from for a while, and it would have gone on long enough to have REALLY ticked it off. In any event, I think we are certainly going to see a sequel where we will be enlightened.